I feel compelled to write, even though I don’t have anything particular to say. Maybe I’ll make a list. Of things I’m looking forward to.
– Getting off work so that I can go home, even though I have no further plans
– Going to see Ender’s Game in the IMAX
– Chris Thile is playing with the Nashville Symphony in February and I am determined to go, even if I have to go alone
– Making a trip to Porter Road Butcher which just opened up on Charlotte (and this also means that I’ll never have to go to Green Hills again, unless I need more hair dye…so I might just let it be brown and drab the rest of my life)
– Hanging out with Philip again so that we can exchange back rubs
OK, so it’s a short list, but it’s something.
I had a surprisingly productive evening last night, which consisted of washing a load of towels, and cleaning my kitchen. I am always amazed at how much better I feel after I make myself get up and clean something – or exercise – or anything productive. I also feel like I have expressed this sentiment about a million times on this blog. I try to have new thoughts…sometimes….