Can’t stop sneezing this morning. Guh.
Made that mac and cheese last night, and just wanted to tell you about it a little. It ended up being delicious, of course, although I wish I’d added a tad more liquid as it ended up being really thick and creamy. Which is kind of ideal, except that I used linguine and I like to cook the noodles a tad softer than al dente (I’m sure there’s a word for it) – so they were not all able to bear up under the weight of the sauce when it came to transferring them from fork to mouth. Nevertheless, that does not affect the taste.
So the recipe called for sweet potato puree, brie, cheddar, neufchatel, and milk. I added onions and garlic, because I add them to everything, and I also had some bacon left from brunch last weekend which I fried and added as a garnish. And man it was soo good. Served with salad and baguette — mmm.
After, Cathy went home and I watched most of V for Vendetta, though turned it off when I got tired which happened to be RIGHT before the climax. Oh well, I’ve seen it before. I know what happens.
I’m posting a picture of my current leather project, because I want to, because I think it’s turning out pretty well (not done yet, obviously). As long as all goes well, this will be a Christmas gift for someone, but, uhm, assume it isn’t for you.
I encouraged someone on reddit to buy a leather burning kit, and she did, and just sent me a picture of some doodles this morning. Maybe I’m posting this here because I really wanted to send it to her, but don’t want to come off as a show-off. Not that it’s that good. But…..it’s not a complete mess. It’s decent. Actually I think it’s kinda cool-looking.
I bought four different kinds of cheeses today (white cheddar, neufchatel, brie, and goat cheese w/ blueberries). Just saying.
Also I had banana pudding for lunch, and it was delicious.
Some of my goals (long and short term), listed in no particular order at all.
- Start having monthly dinner parties. If you’re interested in coming to one, let me know. Either way, you’ll probably get an invitation at some point.
- Finish Christmas presents before December 24th.
- Clean out my closet and dresser, which will include throwing away all articles of clothing that haven’t been worn in more than 2 years. Embarrassingly, this will dramatically decrease the volume in closet and dresser both. Also, to go along with this goal, I’d like to get ALL of my laundry finished, and organize my closet.
- Need to clean my white duvet cover/pillow shams again.
- Hm, speaking of duvet covers, I also need to do a little mending on the feather cover which is currently on my bed.
- At some point in my life, I want to start hosting Thanksgiving at my house. If I have to do this for a couple of close friends only, that’s just the way it will have to be. This is a high-priority long-term goal. I WILL MAKE THIS HAPPEN AT SOME POINT IN MY LIFE I swear to God. And if all of my family and friends refuse to acquiesce, they will be missing out on some damned good food.
- My hair is looking drab. I should dye it again.
- Get new lenses for my glasses. This should be on the short-term goal list…..
- Get a job in a bookstore or a bakery at some point in my life.
- To go along with the previous goal, I either need to start making a whole lot more money, or marry someone rich. I’m cool either way.
Do you guys ever wish you could take a vacation from your life? Right now, I would like to take about a week off from work, tell all my coworkers and friends that I’m going out of town and will have limited cell phone/internet reception, and then just stay home and work on reading the backlog of books that I have, and baking things like puff pastry and croissants and pies, and making my house cleaner and prettier than it has ever been before. Ahhh. That sounds so lovely. Especially if I could take this week vacation during the fall, with a mixture of sunny and rainy days.
Well anyway. I’m off to the grocery store to pick up some things for dinner tonight. And maybe wash a few dishes if the grocery shopping goes quickly…..