Some of my goals (long and short term), listed in no particular order at all.
- Start having monthly dinner parties. If you’re interested in coming to one, let me know. Either way, you’ll probably get an invitation at some point.
- Finish Christmas presents before December 24th.
- Clean out my closet and dresser, which will include throwing away all articles of clothing that haven’t been worn in more than 2 years. Embarrassingly, this will dramatically decrease the volume in closet and dresser both. Also, to go along with this goal, I’d like to get ALL of my laundry finished, and organize my closet.
- Need to clean my white duvet cover/pillow shams again.
- Hm, speaking of duvet covers, I also need to do a little mending on the feather cover which is currently on my bed.
- At some point in my life, I want to start hosting Thanksgiving at my house. If I have to do this for a couple of close friends only, that’s just the way it will have to be. This is a high-priority long-term goal. I WILL MAKE THIS HAPPEN AT SOME POINT IN MY LIFE I swear to God. And if all of my family and friends refuse to acquiesce, they will be missing out on some damned good food.
- My hair is looking drab. I should dye it again.
- Get new lenses for my glasses. This should be on the short-term goal list…..
- Get a job in a bookstore or a bakery at some point in my life.
- To go along with the previous goal, I either need to start making a whole lot more money, or marry someone rich. I’m cool either way.
Do you guys ever wish you could take a vacation from your life? Right now, I would like to take about a week off from work, tell all my coworkers and friends that I’m going out of town and will have limited cell phone/internet reception, and then just stay home and work on reading the backlog of books that I have, and baking things like puff pastry and croissants and pies, and making my house cleaner and prettier than it has ever been before. Ahhh. That sounds so lovely. Especially if I could take this week vacation during the fall, with a mixture of sunny and rainy days.
Well anyway. I’m off to the grocery store to pick up some things for dinner tonight. And maybe wash a few dishes if the grocery shopping goes quickly…..