Oh, Monday.  Here we are again.

Instead of complaining about how it’s Monday morning, I’m trying to be thankful for good weekends since without them, I would not mind Mondays as much.

Friday evening, went to the Pharmacy for beer and burgers (although I ended up splitting a bottle of chardonnay with Katie), along with Stephen, Amanda & Tim, Emily, and Brandon.  Had a good time but was too tired to go to Cabana with them after dinner.  I deeply appreciate getting enough sleep and not being hung over in the mornings…..  On Saturday, we went to Wendell Smith’s for breakfast, and then I went to Tandy Leather while Stephen ran an errand and went home.  I got a WHOLE COW for heavens sake.  I mean, leather from a whole cow.  It’s a TON of leather; I’m not really sure what the square footage is, but it’s a lot, and the $100 I paid for it was a good deal.  I bought this so that I can start making pouches (etc) to sell, and I made at least one over the weekend which is sell-able.  The first one I made turned out a bit crooked, which bothers me a lot, but Stephen said that it lends the piece an endearing homemade quality.  Meh.  I might list it as a sale.

So yeah, after leather shopping I spent the rest of the day at Stephen’s making stuff.  Oh, until we went to meet Cathy for dinner at Kien Giang, and I helped Stephen tape up some music parts.  It was a good day.

Sunday was a bit lazier (for me) than Saturday; Stephen got up and went to Fido to do some writing, so I cleaned his kitchen and then made some bread (by hand – no mixer – MAN that’s an upper body workout), and then played a bit of Skyrim.  He came back and wanted to watch football while he worked (imagine me rolling my eyes at this point), so I sat on the floor making another pouch.  Football turned into the Simpsons, which turned into the Golden Globes.  We made curried squash soup for dinner and had it along with the bread I’d made earlier.  Also a good – albeit lazy – day.

Furthermore, I finally got the wine I’d ordered; FedEx had misdelivered it two-fold — the wrong address, and the wrong time (as I had paid the $5 to select a 5-8 delivery window, and they delivered it before noon).  It was a whole ordeal and I had prepared myself to never see the wine at all.  BUT thankfully, my neighbors who had signed for it (I guess?) hadn’t opened it and were very pleasant.

Sooooo like I said, it’s Monday morning again, and I’m at the office like usual.  Stephen’s busy tonight so I’ll be fending for myself, although I left all my leather stuff at his house so I won’t be doing any of that.  Hm.  I might …..actually I have no idea what I’ll do tonight.  Maybe work out and then take a bath, dinner, go to bed?  That sounds boring, but also pleasant.  Guess I could always go grab my leather stuff while he’s out, but that’s a long drive to just turn around and go back home.  I’m getting to the point where I think we live entirely too far apart.

I wish I’d taken pictures of that apothecary’s satchel I made yesterday so I could list it on etsy.  Trying to come up with a creative shop name though…I guess that’s important?

Published by


I'm a young, childless widow who is trying to figure out the best way to deal with the world in light of my late husband's suicide. It's harder than I ever imagined it would be, but somehow at the same time I am still alive and even happy sometimes.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s